Monday, June 20, 2005

Wild week here!

Friday was our daughter's wedding. They have safely arrived in San Fransisco and are having a wonderful time. Some roses from my rose garden were incorporated into the corsages, and some herbs and a couple of four leaf clovers were added to my daughter's bouquet. The rosemary and lavender made it beautifully fragrant. It was a lovely wedding, and they both looked very happy.
I have had a bit of time to get out to the gardens, but not as much as I would have liked. I started some herb cuttings for a friend, did a little weeding (never stops!) and have had some tomato and bell pepper harvests. The sunflowers are about18" high now, the beans plants are about 8" tall. There are many flowers on the tomatoes. I have put in several different varieties- some interesting heirlooms among them. The waterlily continues to put forth flowers- a pink/peach color that is so nice against the deep shiny green leaves. I am timing a burst of roses for a party this coming Saturday. There might be some calla lilies as well. The stephanotis will have plenty of blooms, I think.
The cutting/butterfly garden is popular with the monarchs, we have eggs on the milkweed leaves and we have found a jade green pupa on the underside of a nearby orchid leaf. It is just beginning to become slightly clear today. It is fascinating that the pupa is trimmed in a metallic gold group of beads.
I haven't done any cross stitching this week with all of the other activities. I have plenty to get caught up on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home