Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Sunny Days


One of the gardens is out of control. I will need to spend some time there getting caught up. But I have been out to the rose garden today to cut some roses for the house, and took a camera to get some pictures of the sunflowers. Some of the flowers are well over the six foot fence. Many, many bees are happily busy.

Yesterday I made the Rainier Cherry jam- today peach-pineapple is on the schedule. That's my daughter-in-law's favorite.

Additional butterfly releases yesterday included another Monarch and a Black Swallowtail. They were really lovely.

I didn't get as much stitching done as I had hoped but today will be another one of those days when I need to stay in out of the mid day heat, so there will be stitching time today. Yesterday I ordered some Circus metallic fabric from Mindy at Sugar Maple. I can't resist those wild swirly fabrics. There's nothing planned for it yet. What I need to be sure I have is the fabric for the Chatelaine Oriental Garden that is coming up soon- but will need to get with my daughter-in -law on that since it is for their house. There is also the lavender color for the French Garden Chatelaine. Today I hear that there will be a duo set of Mirabilia's released under Nora's new design label that are just gorgeous. I certainly won't be bored.

WIP's: Petal Faerie, Winter Queen, Enchanted Mermaid, Villa Mirabilia (Mirabilia)
Winter 8, Mermaid, Mystery 4 (Chatelaine, Martina Weber) Misc other projects.
Waiting to start: Alhambra, Mystery 6 (Chatelaine), Touching the Winter Sky (Mirabilia)
Also in the scheme of things, somewhere: Oriental Garden, French Garden(Chatelaine) and a HAED Cinderella when I can decide which one.

School starts for my youngest son next week- it starts earlier here every year. I hate to see the days of summer going away. It seems like once school starts the pace quickens to such a blur.

Today's projects include: making brownies, peach-pineapple preserves, peach preserves, clearing out some old magazines, stitching time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home